Area Businesses and Organizations
that support our organization either by donations, services, or supplies.
Event at Petco in
Cape Girardeau, Mo
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
On the square at Hayti, Mo.
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Get Involved: Volunteering
Volunteering for the animals is some of the most rewarding work you can imagine.
Through our volunteer program you can get hands on experience helping to care for our furry friends by walking dogs, socializing cats, bathing pets, assist in fundraising, help out in the office, and much more.
Currently, we could use volunteers to help finish up renovations on our building.
Contact Karol Wilcox
if you can lend a
hand. (573) 359-5802
Our Wish List
We are in constant need of supplies used throughout the shelter and always appreciate any donations we can get. Below are some of the items that we use daily and currently need.
- Newspapers- to line kitty kennels
- Bleach- for cleaning throughout the facility
- Trash bags- the large black ones
- Towels and Blankets- used to provide soft, warm bedding for our pets
- Paper Towels- for cleaning
- Copy paper- white and color
- Wal-Mart gift cards- for buying supplies
We would like to share with you, some of the beautiful babies that have been adopted from CHS-PAWS. You can submit your own successful CHS-PAWS adoption story to be featured on our website by clicking here.
This week's featured success is Hope.
Hope came to us with a severely injured leg. We got her immediate medical attention but she eventually lost the leg.
Hope mended well and is a happy, loving cat.
Hope recently went to live with the Hurst family and is doing fantastic!
We have several fundraising items at the shelter for a small donation.
Stop by the shelter sometime and see what all is available. Some items can be shipped. Please send us a message with any questions you may have.
Caruthersville Humane Society d.b.a. Pemiscot Animal Welfare Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Click image for larger view
Donate a Kuranda Bed for our new kennels or cat room
Just click the pic below and it will take you to Kuranda's website where you can choose which bed you would like to donate
Priced at a special 28% donation discount.
Beds ship directly to the shelter in your name.
Purchase a Kuranda bed for your pet
Purchase a Kuranda
through our link and
not only do you get a
10% discount, we get
a 10% donation too!
Click the image on the
right to get your
Pemiscot Animal Welfare Society
Caruthersville Humane Society d.b.a.
204 South 4th Street, Hayti, Mo. 63851
Phone: (573) 359-0113
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 11:00 a.m-3:00 p.m.
Today was our 7th annual John Van Ausdall 5K run-2 Mile walk to benefit the animals at P.A.W.S.
We would like to thank all of our sponsors, walkers, runners, and volunteers who joined us today to make this event such a great success.
All of our events and fundraiser's are possible and successful only because of you!
Thank you from the borrom of our hearts! ~ The folks at P.A.W.S.
Click the article link below to read about Dwayne Dale who received the Community Aces Volunteer of the Year Award for the work he did with us here at PAWS!
5K race for P.A.W.S. 2013
Images by Terri Dale and Karol Wilcox
- Ron & Mary Stutzman Duffy Farms & Trucking
- Ameren Missouri Crawford Oil Co. dba Patty Ann’s
- Case IH/ Don Medlin Co Hill Electric LLC Smith Rentals
- K & K Still Farms Bank Star of the Bootheel
- Earl P Holland & Marjorie L Holland
- Mehrle Farms Century Equipment Rental
- Prescription Drug Store Caruthersville
- The Store/ Caruthersville & Hayti Focus Bank
- Pylates Machine Shop Faulkner Auto Sales
BRONZE SPONSORS (con't):
- White & Associates Insurance/ Mike Bernard General Agent
- First State Bank and Trust Road ID
Click here to the see the slideshow of the Grand Opening on May 4, 2013